Goals of the Committee
- Gather and Share Information
- Create an information database for youth groups and recreation departments to refer to when looking for answers to frequently asked questions. Most groups face the same issues and there is a lot of information to be share that may save each group from reinventing the wheel to resolve issues.
- Attend regional meeting to discuss topics, gather information andshare information.
- Create links on the MRPA web site to the Youth Sports information database and FAQ’s.
- Develop Training Information and Programs – After gathering information and examples of policies and procedures, the committee would like to develop training materials that can be used by youth organizations to assist their volunteers to provide safe and fun sports activities for their children. These materials would be available free of charge for training players, parents, volunteers and administrators.
June 5, 2013 – Lexington Recreation – MRPA Youth Sports Agenda 06-05-13